It’s rainy here at the beach today and no one is more disappointed than we are that we won’t have the 80 degree weather for Memorial Weekend like we did last year.
I’m reminded though that it’s not everyday that we get time off to experience the people and places that are special to us. In life sometimes we need to create our own sunshine even when it doesn’t seem to exist.
Just being at the beach and seeing the waves at work ushers in feelings of relaxation that we all could use. Most people don’t know that there are actually tons of things to do in Hampton and on the Seacoast when it’s raining. Here are our top 10 picks!
- The arcade and the Casino Shops have games for all ages that makes for great family fun. Or, if you want some adult time, head over to Ocean Gaming for vegas-style fun.
- Drive 15 minutes North and you’ll be in the great state of Maine! Just over the border are the Kittery Outlets, a mecca of affordable indoor and outdoor shopping.
- Get educated about marine life at the Seacoast Science Center in Rye.
- See history in action at the Strawberry Banke living history museum in Portsmouth.
- Kids going crazy? Head over to the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire in Dover, a short 25-minute drive from Hampton Beach.
- Wine and dine with a view at many local restaurants, including newly renovated McGuirk’s, the Purple Urchin and Ron’s Landing. Or, buy some of our sweet local seafood and cook it up in one of our oceanfront rooms.
- Learn to surf! You’re already wet so why not beat the crowds to the water and get a headstart on showing your moves?
- Watch a movie! With movie theatres in Amesbury, Portsmouth, Newington and now, Epping, blockbuster movies are within reach.
- Take in a show! Portsmouth is known for the arts and there is no better place to watch local talent than at the Seacoast Repertory Theatre and the Player’s Ring.
- The Seacoast is steeped in rich history–view historic homes dating back to the 1600′s through Historic New England or learn about Hampton’s local history at the Historical Society.
We hope you will join us this Memorial Weekend to make memories and discover all that the Seacoast has to offer!